Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas

I spent Christmas morning doing my now traditional stay at Hilary's (if I'm not working), then get up and open presents with the kids. I have come to love it. This year I was supposed to drive to Boise after we were all done opening presents to get Shayla, but we got a snowstorm from Hades and the road was closed. We didn't even make it to my mom's for Christmas dinner. Hilary scared me and woke me up to see if I had checked outside. I nearly jumped off my bed (aka the comfy couch)!! Even though I didn't do it I felt like laughing hysterically afterwards.

It was so fun to be there and watch all of them open presents. Hadley sat in front of me since Hilary was occupied with Hallie and opened all of her presents for me to see. Towards the end she was just throwing her clothes at me. It was so funny to watch her. I have to say I am lucky she loves me so much. She is definately one of my best friends, which makes me kinda pathetic, but the most loved person in the world. I understand that undying love all of you mother's have when I look at her!

Hallie was so funny stealing chocolates whenever any of the adults were turned away. She had chocolate all over her face and would not stop. She even helped clean some of the candy up and managed to keep some out. Plus she kept forcing candy into my mouth. Not bad if I liked the runts she was eating at that time, but they were not good. And that of course just made her laugh harder.

Hayden had ripped through his presents in record time. Then he was upset that the girls still had presents to open. But he loved his gifts and kept playing with them until it was time to go to his grandparents house for breakfast. He was so nice on Christmas morning and gave me hugs several times. I love being around that kid!! He makes everyone around him feel loved.

Hilary once again spoiled me and got me a digital camera. It is cute and skinny and red and shiney and perfect. I love it!! I am going to get a memory card so I can take more than the 3 pictures on my phone (it will let me take 4 before it shows full). I am a very spoiled child. My dad spoiled me with all kinds of gifts as well. I have told him he doesn't need to spend so much on me, but he doesn't feel like it is Christmas without spoiling all of his children. Mom got me Fandango bucks so I can go see movies with the kids. It will be so much fun. They are usually my date when I go to movies.

My greatest gift was being able to spend time with my family. I managed to visit with all but my brothers and their families this season. I wish we could have all been together but that just wasn't a possiblity this year. One of the reasons I love Christmas so much is because I will be with all of those I love. I love to be able to look at my eternity and be content here on earth. I hope you all know how much I love you and how blessed I am to be part of you!!

No comments: